Bug report for new MacOS X compilation

Samuel Rydh mol-devel@lists.maconlinux.org
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 23:43:55 +0100

On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 05:28:40PM -0500, Sam Bayer wrote:
> Samuel -
>

> >You are probably not building from the correct BK tree.
>
> Correct.
> >
> >The OSX stuff is in
> >
> >	bk://mol@mol.bkbits.net/devel
> >
> Got it. BTW, using this path I'm prompted for a username and passwd. If
> I omit "mol@" it works. I'm sure this is just because I don't know a
> lot about Bitkeeper.

Right, this is the url I use when I push changes to the repository.
The public (read-only) url is with "mol@" omitted.

> I did encounter one problem: the compilation of src/lib/llseek.c
> requires KERNEL to be defined (because /usr/include/sys/disk.h won't
> include DKIOCGETBLOCKCOUNT32 otherwise). Tried adding -DKERNEL by hand
> to CFLAGS in config/Makefile.osx, but that turned out to be the wrong
> thing (all sorts of system calls end up not being declared), so I
> defined it in llseek.c long enough to load the header, like so:

I have fixed this but problem but not pushed it. Essentially one should
use DKIOCGETBLOCKCOUNT64 (or was it just DKIOCGETBLOCKCOUNT? I have to check)
and use a 64-bit data type.

> Also, "make install" failed because Makefile.osx.defs defined
> INSTALL_PROGRAM as
>
> $(INSTALL) --mode=755
>
> According to the manpage on 10.3, install takes -m, not --mode.

OK... I'll fix this. I usually start MOL from the source tree.

> At this point, I get stuck. I'm very sorry to be dense, but I'm not
> sure how to get mol started.

Well, what you need to do is

	cd src/kmod
	sudo make insert	(loads the MOL KEXT)