Getting Resolutions for MOL for Full Screen Mode

Subject: Getting Resolutions for MOL for Full Screen Mode
From: Andrew Craft (acraft@ivpress.com)
Date: Thu Apr 13 2000 - 02:19:40 MDT

In order to get full-screen MOL to work try the following:

1) Lanuch an xterm or whatever
2) type "fbset" at the command prompt. This should give you your present settings. Mine looks something like:

mode "1152x870-92"
    # D: 100.00 MHz, H: 83.893 kHz, V: 92.190 Hz
    geometry 1152 870 1152 870 32
    timings 10000 16 16 16 16 8 8
    rgba 8/16,8/8,8/0,8/24
endmode

3) edit /etc/fb.modes and add the output you just recieved from the fbset command. (NOTE: don't add the line that starts with "rgba".)
4) quit X
5) startmol

Full screen should work. Hope that helps. Worked for me, anyway.

Stay tuned.
Andrew
acraft@ivpress.com