Re: wierd

Subject: Re: wierd
From: Bhagwati P Gupta (bpgupta@its.caltech.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 13 2000 - 07:50:01 MDT

OK....so finally I got it working!
I removed all other lines in rc.local other than those two 'insmod'. But that was
not the real thing. The problem was actually something else. When I did those
modifications, I had saved the original rc.local as a backup. The new rc.local
which I made was actually not executable and therefore modules were not loading up
during boot! When I made it executable, everything worked well. Thanks for the
suggestions.
Bhagwati

"Michael A. Peters" wrote:

> The instructions I *use* to have up were simpler to follow, but not
> as universally applicable.
>
> Did you put ALL those lines in rc.local?
> The only two lines you should add to rc.local are the two insmod
> lines. If your distribution already has a rc.local file, that's all
> you need to do- add those two lines
>
> insmod -f /usr/lib/mol/modules/mol.o
> insmod -f /usr/lib/mol/modules/sheep_net.o

Bhagwati P Gupta
Biology 156-29, CalTech
Pasadena, CA 91125