Re: appletalk in MOL with IP masq/ethertap

Subject: Re: appletalk in MOL with IP masq/ethertap
From: MPWD (mpwd@w-d.org)
Date: Tue Apr 18 2000 - 12:03:40 MDT

Jeff Whitaker wrote:

> Thanks to the page posted by Michael Peters, I've got MoL working with
> IP masq and ethertap. Networking is now much more stable, and I've got
> connectivity to the Linux side. Using MacOS 9, I found it necessary to
> downgrade OT from 2.6.1 to 2.0.3 to make it work. However, in the
> Chooser, no network printers or appletalk servers show up (as they do
> when I run MoL without IP masq, using a separate IP address). I can
> connect to appletalk servers manually, but can't seem to get any
> printers to show up. Do I need to forward the appletalk protocol with
> ipchains or ipmasqadm? Or am I missing something obvious with the
> TCP/IP settings in the MacOS?
>
> -Jeff

First of all, how did you downgrade your ip. When I upgraded to OS 9 I
lost all linux connectivity, however I have been considering nfsing my
other linux box and atalking it from there. Anyway, if you have atalk
printing working in linux I understand that you can set it up for "IP
Printing" to a networked printer. Here is the web site:
http://www.deja.com/[LBURL=_LBHTwww.turbolinux.com_LBFS~brad_LBFSmol_LBFS,LBT=Return!]/threadmsg_ct.xp?AN=561253310

Incidentally, I found this via the MOL beginners document, which can be
found here: http://www.turbolinux.com/~brad/mol/

Hope all of this helps!

MPWD