Re: Trouble getting MOL running.

Subject: Re: Trouble getting MOL running.
From: David Augsburger (davidaug@hotsplice.com)
Date: Tue Aug 29 2000 - 15:49:12 MDT

The drive designation that MOL uses to boot needs to be first in your
"blkdev" list in your molrc. If it isn't, you might make the change and
see if that produces a different result.

I'm not an expert; only offering a suggestion.

David

>I have installed 9.50 and am running SuSE Linux for the PPC.
>
>When I try to start MOL it patches the kernel but then just gives me a black
>screen. I can switch back to X-Windows and close the X-term but MOL never
>starts.
>
>A brief on my hardware/setup. I am running it on a Blue and White G3 with
>two hard drives. My startup disk is where Linux is installed with a small
>partition for the fake system folder for yaboot. The other drive is where
>the MacOS is installed.

      \ : : DAVID AUGSBURGER davidaug@hotsplice.com
  OO. : # :
  L_K :.......: <http://www.hotsplice.com>