Re: source code (was: linux keycodes)

Subject: Re: source code (was: linux keycodes)
dpates@dsdk12.net
Date: Sun Dec 17 2000 - 10:09:32 MST

Quoting R Shapiro <reshapiro@mediaone.net>:

> So there is no way to get a snapshot of the latest sources via
> standard protocols like ftp or http.
>
> I don't understand the reasoning behind this. Most of us aren't MOL
> developers; we don't need source-controlled access, we just want to
> download current snapshots. Why not run a cron script that makes a
> tarball of the latest sources every night and makes it available on
> ftp.nada.kth.se?

He _could_, and maybe he will at some point. But now, if you want a snap,
there's no use in complaining about how you can and can't get it. Just get the
bitkeeper tools and do:

        bk clone bk://waltari.theophys.kth.se:5000 mol/

and you have a snap that you can build. The recent snaps work pretty well (some
bugs are fixed with respect to 0.9.53), and it's not a difficult build.

Derrik Pates
dpates@dsdk12.net