Networking problem

Subject: Networking problem
From: Eric Volker (ebv1@home.com)
Date: Thu Dec 28 2000 - 13:46:56 MST

I'm having a problem with MOL that I hope someone else has run into
before. I can ping/traceroute/nslookup from Mac OS without a problem,
but when I try to run any other TCP application (e.g., Netscape) I get
socket errors. I have a static, but DHCP assigned, IP address. I've
configured Mac OS with the same static IP (DHCP didn't work) eth0 has
and managed to get ping to work. Am I configuring this properly? Is my
only option the ipmasq route? If so, can someone give me a pointer to a
FAQ or HOWTO?

TIA

Eric Volker
ebv1@home.com