Re: mol 0.9.24 works (sort of) 0.9.28 and later don't

Subject: Re: mol 0.9.24 works (sort of) 0.9.28 and later don't
From: Samuel Rydh (samuel@ibrium.se)
Date: Fri Feb 04 2000 - 12:55:30 MST

On Wed, Feb 02, 2000 at 02:20:04PM -0800, Peter Canning wrote:
> I'm trying to run mol on a Apple PowerMac 7300 with a debian installation
> running a 2.2.12 kernel. When I installed the 0.9.24 rpm, it booted MacOS
> 8.1 (the only version of MacOS I've got) and ran fine (except for a problem
> accessing files on one of my HFS partitions which I suspect is might be
> fixed by 4 Gig partition changes). Unfortunately, when I tried 0.9.28
> through 0.9.39, they start to boot MacOS, but seem to hang just before they
> should bring up the BootX extension dialog. I set newworld_boot to no, and
> comment out the rom_image and oftree in /etc/molrc, so that I can just get
> the ROM/oftree from my actual machine. Other than the script output (below)
> I haven't been able to get anymore information about what is going wrong.

> Mac-on-Linux 0.9.30
> MOL kernel module 1.1.24

Note that you must unload the mol kernel module manually before
trying a new MOL version (there is a check in recent
MOL versions, but not in older ones).

It is possible that your problems with recent
versions of MOL is due to a change in the "plugging"
of the serial port. You should try removing all
serial port related files from the extensions folder
and see if this helps (starting with shift is probably
not sufficient).

Cheers,

 E-mail <samuel@ibrium.se> WWW: <http://www.ibrium.se>
  Phone/fax: (home) +46 8 4418431, (work) +46 8 7908470