Re: MOL 0.9.40

Subject: Re: MOL 0.9.40
From: Peter M. Bagnall (pete@surfaceeffect.com)
Date: Sun Feb 06 2000 - 17:11:09 MST

>Hi,
>
>I've uploaded mol-0.9.40. The following has changed:
>
> - updated kernel patches (mainly useful for 603 owners)
> - multibutton mouse support
> - CD-ROM problem fixed
> - molrc correction (gamma_rgb -> gamma)

I'll have to get it :-)

But in the mean time, I've noticed a few things which are a little odd.
I've been trying to use 0.9.38 on it's own virtual term display, but I find
that the mouse, especially mouse clicks are very unresponsive. I often have
to click 4-5 times to get a response. I'm using the latest Xpmac
(Xpmac.rage128.usb.rev9) and that's fine normally, (I used to have clicks
lost with rev 5 but that's totally cured now).

However, if I run MOL in a window the problems go away and everything works
perfectly. So that's what I'm going to do. Only thing with that is that I
use windowmaker and it would be nice to have MOL full screen in one of
windowmakers virtual desktops but I can't set any of the window attributes
because the windows name is unset, (ie it gets displayed as ?.?, by
contrast emacs gets displayed as emacs.Emacs). I know very little about the
innards of X so I don't know how easy it would be to change that but could
I add that to the wishlist please. Apart from that though running MOL full
screen in a virtual desktop works just fine.

As for the mouse clicks getting lost on VT8 if there's any other info you
need to trace that then just ask. I don't really know enough to guess what
you'd need.

And I'd just like to say thanks for writing MOL, great piece of software.

Cheers

Pete

--
Peter M. Bagnall