Re: MOL 0.9.40

Subject: Re: MOL 0.9.40
unit@panix.com
Date: Mon Feb 07 2000 - 20:20:14 MST

On Mon, 7 Feb 2000, Peter M. Bagnall wrote:

> But in the mean time, I've noticed a few things which are a little odd.
> I've been trying to use 0.9.38 on it's own virtual term display, but I find
> that the mouse, especially mouse clicks are very unresponsive. I often have
> to click 4-5 times to get a response. I'm using the latest Xpmac
> (Xpmac.rage128.usb.rev9) and that's fine normally, (I used to have clicks
> lost with rev 5 but that's totally cured now).

haven't noticed anything like this w/ FBDev (XFree-3.3.5) .. i'm also
using ADB so it could be a problem with the USB (i believe it's much
improved w/ 2.3.x)

> However, if I run MOL in a window the problems go away and everything works
> perfectly. So that's what I'm going to do. Only thing with that is that I
> use windowmaker and it would be nice to have MOL full screen in one of
> windowmakers virtual desktops but I can't set any of the window attributes
> because the windows name is unset, (ie it gets displayed as ?.?, by
> contrast emacs gets displayed as emacs.Emacs). I know very little about the
> innards of X so I don't know how easy it would be to change that but could
> I add that to the wishlist please. Apart from that though running MOL full
> screen in a virtual desktop works just fine.

you just need to stipulate resolution in molrc ie:

resolution: 1024/768/60
depth: 32 #

or whatever relsolution yr monitor is set too .. I'm not sure what methord
wmaker uses to save the window location but it should be possible for it
to remember same when you startmol. Depending on what Terminal you use you
(i'm thinking here of Eterm) you should also be able set the border style
(and get rid of the menubar etc) ..

hope this helps

cal-s