Re: Mac-on-Linux FAQ

Subject: Re: Mac-on-Linux FAQ
From: Michael 'Mickey' Sattler (michael@GeekTimes.com)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2000 - 10:21:04 MST

>Q. Can I share disk partitions between MacOS and Linux ?

I would write this entry differently. Perhaps:

Yes, but not simultaneously. If you unmount a Mac filesystem from
Linux before you start MOL then the Mac works as expected. But then
it'll be unavailable from within Linux. When you end MOL you can
remount the Mac partition and continue on. But you can't have
read/write access from both environments to the same partition at the
same time.

>Q. Can I establish an IP connection between both OSes ?
>
>A1. NO, it is not possible with eth0 or lo beeing enet_interface:
>A2. YES, you can with
> enet_interface: tap0

Isn't there an A3, YES if each has its own static IP address (or own
dynamic IP address, as given by DHCP)? I've been meaning to try to
serve pages from my Linux side and view thew with a browser on the
Mac side.

--

Michael

-- Michael "Mickey" Sattler, Geek Times <mailto:michael@GeekTimes.com> San Francisco, California, USA <http://www.GeekTimes.com/michael/> AOL Instant Messenger ID: "SF Geek"