Re: mol segfault on Debian

Subject: Re: mol segfault on Debian
From: Chris Emerson (chris@tartarus.org)
Date: Fri Jul 14 2000 - 08:41:42 MDT

On Thu, Jul 13, 2000 at 07:27:11PM +0100, Chris Emerson wrote:
> Firstly, when compiling mol I ran into unreferenced symbols "elf_version"
> and a couple of others, which don't seem to exist in Debian's libelf.a -
> I got around this by linking with the shared version (libelf.so) instead.
>
> When I actually try to run the mol I've compiled, I get a segfault - the
> output is below. gdb didn't make much of the core dump. Any clues as to
> anything stupid I've done, or what I can do to track down the problem?

Turns out I was being stupid, and generating a shared object instead of an
executable. It now runs, opens an X window (remotely), and sits for a while
using lots of CPU - after 5-10 minutes I gave up and killed it. I guess
I've got something to look into now. (How well should MOL work displaying
remotely to an X server running on Linux/i386?

Cheers,

Chris