Re: mol segfault on Debian

Subject: Re: mol segfault on Debian
From: Chris Emerson (chris@tartarus.org)
Date: Mon Jul 17 2000 - 10:28:23 MDT

I seem to be having a conversation with myself... :-)

On Fri, Jul 14, 2000 at 03:41:42PM +0100, Chris Emerson wrote:
> It now runs, opens an X window (remotely), and sits for a while
> using lots of CPU - after 5-10 minutes I gave up and killed it. I guess
> I've got something to look into now.

Well, it seems to work fine with the 2.2.15pre19 kernel, but not with BenH's
2.2.17pre17-ben1. I suppose that's fair enough given it's a development
kernel.

> (How well should MOL work displaying remotely to an X server running on
> Linux/i386?

Answer: it works, although with weird colours, but is really really slow over
a 64k link. (I'm not really surprised.) I may try it with the VNC display
instead of a plain X window (forwarded over ssh twice) if I get a chance.

Chris