Cannot telent/ftp/cvs to linux from mol on same machine

Subject: Cannot telent/ftp/cvs to linux from mol on same machine
From: William K. Gibson (firstdesk@columbus.rr.com)
Date: Thu Jul 20 2000 - 13:36:22 MDT

I am having trouble connecting from MOL to linux on the same machine.

Let me describe the situation:

I have a B&W G3 connected to a LAN using 10.0.1.x as the addresses. I have
given linux and MOL seperate addresses. They can both connect outside
themselves (i.e. the internet and other machines on the LAN) but the MOL
macOS refuses to ftp or telnet or cvs to the linux machine. This is further
complicated by the fact that I can http connect with no problem.

Other machines can connect to the linux box, why can't the mac in MOL? Is
there some kind of secret trick I need to pull to get the machine to connect
to itself via the other OS?

I need this because i wish to use CVS from MOL to the linux box. Anybody got
a clue?

--William K. Gibson
1stDesk Systems
firstdesk@columbus.rr.com