Re: Odd ethernet TCP/IP problem switching between MOL and regular Mac OS

Subject: Re: Odd ethernet TCP/IP problem switching between MOL and regular Mac OS
From: Zachery Bir (zbir@chimpanzee.techead.com)
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 10:48:51 MDT

> Ok, I'll try that. Thanks.
>
> Now if I could only figure out how to telnet/ftp/cvs back to the linux
> running on my own machine.

Speaking of, is anyone able to get TCP/IP connectivity back to the Linux
side of the machine? I've heard people mention that they could get http
across, but I can't get anything: ftp, ssh, http, appletalk, nothing. I
can connect to external hosts just fine. Everything under the sun works
great.

My linux box is: x.x.x.35
My mac box is: x.x.x.34

Both have the same netmask, gateway, and name servers.

A ha. Both have the same MAC address. Is this what's causing the
inability for the mac to see the linux?

Linux box MAC address: 00:30:65:51:25:EA
Mac box MAC address: 00 30 65 51 25 ea

I had tried previously to make

unique_mol_ethernet: true

in my /etc/molrc file, but this killed ethernet connectivity that
session. Will that option not work with the GMAC drivers?

Thanks,

Zac

$name="zachery bir"; $email="zbir@techead.com";
$position="systems administrator"; $altposition="witch doctor";
$voice="804.782.6971"; $web="http://www.techead.com";