Re: Odd ethernet TCP/IP problem switching between MOL and regular Mac OS

Subject: Re: Odd ethernet TCP/IP problem switching between MOL and regular Mac OS
From: Darkshadow (darkshadow2.geo@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jul 25 2000 - 11:45:20 MDT

This is normal, MOL uses an emulated ethernet card,
instead of the actual ethernet hardware you have in
your computer. So when you start up MOL, it switches
to the ethernet J9 because that's what the mac sees.
When you restart into the actual MacOS, you will get
the message that it's switching and it will switch
back to using ethernet built in. To manually switch
back, all you have to do is open the TCP/IP control
panel, it will do it by itself.

Darkshadow (aka Mike)