TCP/IP Settings

Subject: TCP/IP Settings
From: Steve Whitlow (swhitlow@airapps.com)
Date: Mon Jul 31 2000 - 07:20:41 MDT

I have installed Linux2000 on a PowerMac 7200. I've got the Gnome interface
running. I've got about 2 days experience with Linux so bear with me. I am
trying to configure my TCP/IP settings but I can't seem to get the proper
combination. I was going by the TCP/IP settings from another Mac (the Linux
box will have the same settings except, obviously, for the IP address). The
TCP/IP configuration from that Mac is as follows;

Connect Via : Ethernet
Configure : Manually
IP Address : 208.yadda.yadda.yadda
subnet : 255.yadda.yadda.yadda
Router : 208.yadda.yadda.yadda
Name Server : 209.yadda.yadda.yadda
Additional Search : yadda.com

I have dedicated a static IP address for the Linux machine, my question is
in which of the 4 Network Configurator tabs do I need to enter this info
into? I know this is a loaded question as it depends on what we want to do
with the server and all the stuff about localhost and IP Forwarding, but for
now, I only care about getting it to see the network and browse the
internet. I can't figure out where to put the pieces that I already have.
Here are the four tabs in the Network Configurator, anyone help would be
greatly appreciated.

NAMES:
Hostname:
Domain: