Couple of questions with latest mol

Subject: Couple of questions with latest mol
From: Keith Clayton (kclayton@jps.net)
Date: Sat Jun 03 2000 - 14:22:17 MDT

A couple of questions I haven't seen addressed yet . .

with the latest mol (0.9.47), does it (a) still require a patched kernel
for 603e machines? (b) does it run on 2.3/2.4-test kernels?

With regards to (a) I remember Samuel releasing a test version with on the
fly patching for 603 based machines as well. I know this had problems and
I never heard whether the problems were solved or the idea was scrapped.
603 machines, like mine, are quickly falling by the wayside so I could see
why minimal effort would be put into it.

With regards to (b) if it doesn't yet run . . are the issues with the
modules that need be loaded, the app itself or both? I don't know the
code at all but I'd be willing to hack around and see if I can make some
headway if I'm pointed in the right direction.

Keith Clayton
kclayton@jps.net