Sound still not so good

Subject: Sound still not so good
From: Riccardo Gusso (rick@leonardo.math.unipd.it,grick@mac.com)
Date: Mon Jun 05 2000 - 06:24:26 MDT

Hello everybody,
I've got an iMac rev.B 233 Mhz with 8.6 as for the Apple side, YellowDog
CS 1.2 with kernel 2.2.15-2.9.0 as for the Linux side. I'm running the
latest release of Mol (0.9.47) with the latest Mol Audio extension found
on the site. But sound it's still bad: that is it's a little slow even
for short sounds, and when playing mp3 it goes away and comes back very
frequently. I tried varous settings in the molrc fle for
sound_sync_value, but got very little changes. As I've seen that other
peole with the same system configuration but faster cpu had success I'm
asking if this is a specific my iMac related problem.
Bye.

   Rick

"And what can I tell you my brother, my killer
 What can I possibly say?
 I guess that I miss you, I guess I forgive you
 I'm glad you stood in my way."
      L. Cohen, "Famous blue raincoat"