mol speed (was Re: mol and gnome problem)

Subject: mol speed (was Re: mol and gnome problem)
From: Alex J. Avriette (nolimits@cts.com)
Date: Thu Jun 15 2000 - 15:57:54 MDT

>I'm running mol 0.9.48 on a G3 Powerbook. I'm very happy with it - given
>128 MB, it doesn't seem noticeably slower than native MacOS!

I run 0.9.48 as well, on a G3/350/192, and I give mol 72MB. The macos
doesnt seem to take up more than 40MB in mol, but it is quite a bit
slower than native macos. Is there a reason yours is running faster?

>I also use gdm with sawmill and gnome-session.

I run mol within KDE. is it perhaps that only my _video_ is slow?
(no, actually, seit@home is something like 1/2 speed while within
mol, now that i think of it)

can anyone offer some ideas here?

alex

--
                            alex avriette
                        silver spring, maryland

     Addict d. "An accordion word which expands or contracts
     to please the audience being played to."
     Bruce D. Johnson, _Once an Addict, Seldom an Addict_, 1977