Re: error about kernal on start up

Subject: Re: error about kernal on start up
From: dd (rppeters@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 09 2000 - 10:02:00 MST

Thanks for you help, but I tried to compile my own kernel and got the
following error after doing a make

gcc -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -o
scripts/split-include
scripts/split-include.c
In file included from /usr/include/errno.h:36,
                 from scripts/split-include.c:26:
/usr/include/bits/errno.h:25: linux/errno.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [scripts/split-include] Error 1
[root@pond linux]# make
gcc -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -o
scripts/split-include scripts/split-include.c
In file included from /usr/include/errno.h:36,
                 from scripts/split-include.c:26:
/usr/include/bits/errno.h:25: linux/errno.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [scripts/split-include] Error 1

everything up till then worked fine, I don't know if this is the right
place to ask about this compliation error, but I thought you might know.

thanks
dd