VNC & MoL: please help!

Subject: VNC & MoL: please help!
From: Claus Atzenbeck (claus.atzenbeck@nikocity.de)
Date: Fri Mar 24 2000 - 00:48:50 MST

I want to use MoL on a remote (Intel) Linux box. X server does not
work, becuase it is too slow. So, I need to use VNC.

I have 2 different color depths on my computer:
   Intel Linux box: 32 bit
   LinuxPPC: 8 bit

There are 2 ways to use VNC:

1) Start MoL and start VNC server within MoL (console).
   This does not work, because the VNC server on MacOS crashes or
   at least it does not send any data to vncviewer after a short
   period of time.

2) Start VNCserver on LinuxPPC and start MoL via remote VNCviewer.
   This doesn't work also, because there are problem with the
   different color depths: Starting VNCserver with 8 bit and
   VNCviewer with 32 bit, VNC does work, but not MoL:
   I get an xvideo error.

   Starting VNCserver with 32 bit, MoL does start, but the colors
   are completly wrong, because I only have 8 bit on my LinuxPPC
   machine.

Please give me some help. I appreciate...

Claus.

--
Atzenbeck. Data structures & design
http://www.atzenbeck.de