Re: MOL and TCP/IP with IP Masq, and ethertap... screwy

Subject: Re: MOL and TCP/IP with IP Masq, and ethertap... screwy
From: Christoph Wissing (wissing@mail.desy.de)
Date: Sat Mar 25 2000 - 04:52:06 MST

On Fri, 24 Mar 2000, Thor Brickman wrote:

> Jeremy Knope wrote:
>
> > I just wanted to ask... if there's a way to figure out
> > what's going on(or lack thereof) with my TCP/IP
> > settings and the IP masq,tap setup. i set it up
> > exactly from the previous post about MOL TCP/IP and
> > the tapping... and MOL attaches to tap0 on startup but
> > nothing works yet... all settings are correct in MOL
> > and in Linux... But i'm wondering how i can check the
> > linux ones or check to see what might be wrong.. if
> > possible. my kernel does have IP Firewalling(so IP
> > Masq can be selected) and Ethertap... that is it
> > right?
> >

> If you are using the newer version of Open Transport, the networking
> doesn't seem to work. The version that comes with 8.6 seems to work
> pretty well.

This is at least not correct for me. I am using MacOS 8.6 and kernel with
all(?) necessary equipment. I see the same problems discribed in the
privious mail. Has some one a PB3400 running with MOL and working
ethernet?
Are there some hints what might cause the problems? Are there candidates
of kernel options that brake down IP_Masq?

Christoph