Mostly Successful Report with 0.9.45

Subject: Mostly Successful Report with 0.9.45
From: Robert Frezza (bfrezza@stanford.edu)
Date: Wed May 31 2000 - 00:40:49 MDT

I've installed 0.9.45, and I'm glad to say that sound support works somewhat
well. :) It's good enough that I can even play an MP3 on the Mac and hear it
through my speakers. :) I've noticed two problems so far, though:

1) Every reboot, I need to reselect the MOL Audio Output in the Sound cdev.

2) Once, (after 10 minutes of use) sound stopped working. I reselected the MOL
Audio Device in the Sound control panel, and nothing happened. I tried to play
an alert sound from the control panel, and the Sound control panel crashed
(requiring a force quit). Not sure what's up with that. Upon exit of mol, I
still got the "thread 'sound_sync' is active!" message.

Lastly, I'm still plagued with Ethernet and TCP/IP Problems on my LAN using a
real IP address. I've found that upgrading from the 8.6 OT extensions to the
9.0.4 OT extensions helped somewhat (previously there seemed to be agreement
that the 8.6 OT Extensions were superior for mol, however at least now that
seems to not be true.) In any case, the machine still response to pings
multiple times, and doesn't transfer more than a meg or so before crashing,
often bringing down my entire linux box (which requires a hard restart, and
doens't even accept incoming telnet connections to kill the bad mol process).

Anyhow, I'm excited about the updates, and encourage everyone else to upgrade
to 0.9.45. :)

-Bob