file system map inconsistent

Subject: file system map inconsistent
From: David Fay (dfay@gte.com)
Date: Wed May 31 2000 - 13:33:10 MDT

I have been unable to get MOL running on my machine and am looking
for some help. It gets as far as the Welcome to Mac OS screen at
which point it crashes with a system error and the message "file
system map inconsistent". Is this the error you get when the
System.map doesn't match vmlinux, or is this a different message? I'm
quite sure my System.map matches my vmlinux.

The particulars:

PowerBase 200 upgraded with G3 running overclocked at 373 MHz
Mac OS 9.0.4
LinuxPPC using 2.2.14 kernel
Mac OS ROM v.3.0

I've also tried a 2.2.11 kernel with its own System.map and vmlinux
with the same result.

Any suggestions?

David