Re: Fullscreen?

Subject: Re: Fullscreen?
From: Anne et Bertrand (anneetbertrand@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Thu Nov 02 2000 - 06:05:54 MST

Philip Good wrote:

> OK, now I'm introuble...
>
> I tried changing to 1024/768/70 fropm 1024/768/75, it looked good, I had full screen all the way through the MOL boot process and my entire desktop showed up. Then the system froze. I F12-ed out of MOL. Now everytime
> I start MOL it launches me immediately back to the frozen screen, even after rebooting.
>
> Is there a saved image of the MacOS session or something? How do I start over?
>
> Thanks
>
> Philip Good wrote:
>
> > When I select fullscreen in the molrc file it starts off fine, MacOS taking up the full screen, but then the whole screen goes blank..
> >
> > I have a Pismo 500, am running 2.2.17pre20ben3, XFree86 4.0 and the latest MOL.
> >
> > Is there a way to switch to fullscreen after starting up?
> >
> > Also, when not running full screen and choosing 1024x768 (75HZ), MacOS starts up at the full size then sitches back down to a smaller size. This happens even if I choose 1024x768 while in MacOS then restart MacOS.
> >
> > Thanks for the help.
> >
> > I must admit, I'm VERY impressed with MOL and linux on PPC (YDL).
> >
> > Now, if I could only get my airport working in linux I'd be happy as a clam...
> >
> > Phil

F12 is exactly to save mol's session and exit. Now each time your start mol, you restore
exactly the same state.
This session is saved in /tmp (with the name molsession, I think). Just remove it and you
will be able to start mol from the beginning.
I don't know what kind of problem causes the freeze. Look at the messages in the terminal
in which you type "startmol". Maybe you'll understand. You can find that mol is stuck
although it isn't in real (infinitly repeated instructions for instances...).
If you want to force exit, type <CTRL-C> in that terminal, or type "killall mol" in any
terminal (and don't forget to remove /var/lock/mol if mol doesn't : if you don't, mol will
believe another mol's session is running and won't start again).
It might although be a problem with mac's extensions...

Friendly. Bertrand Dekoninck