Re: MOL on Powerbook, 603ev

Subject: Re: MOL on Powerbook, 603ev
From: Claus (cl.en@gmx.net)
Date: Sat Nov 18 2000 - 06:11:13 MST

Hi Bob!

>: it, though, that from the mol perspective there is no reason to think that
>: the newer kernel will help me beyond 2.2.14?

 right you are.

>:
>: adb devices: [2]: 2 18 [3]: 3 1
>:
>: instead of what you expected above (ie. I have an 18 where you expected a
>: 14). In any case, I changed my keyboard ID in molrc to 20 (it was 2!) and
>: I got the same freezing behavior as before. I then tried an ID of 18,
>: since that's what dmesg returned, but I got the same behavior again (ie.

keyboard ids: [copied from Apple's Gestalt.h]

gestaltPwrBookADBKbd = 12,
gestaltPwrBookISOADBKbd = 13,
gestaltAppleAdjustKeypad = 14,
gestaltAppleAdjustADBKbd = 15,
gestaltAppleAdjustISOKbd = 16,
gestaltJapanAdjustADBKbd = 17,
/* Japan Adjustable Keyboard */
gestaltPwrBkExtISOKbd = 20,
/* PowerBook Extended International Keyboard with function keys */
gestaltPwrBkExtJISKbd = 21,
/* PowerBook Extended Japanese Keyboard with function keys */
gestaltPwrBkExtADBKbd = 24,
/* PowerBook Extended Domestic Keyboard with function keys */

hex 18 = decimal 24

try keyboard_id = 24

>: I'm not sure how it could be the wrong ROM for my MOL, so I am really
>: starting to think my molrc is screwed up. Does anybody have any
>: suggestions about parameters I might need to tweak?

newworld_boot: yes
newworld_rom: /usr/lib/mol/rom/rom.nw
oftree: oftrees/oftree.nw
processor: 8
ram_size: 80
blkdev: /dev/hda12 -rw
blkdev: /dev/hda14 -rw
blkdev: /dev/hde7 -rw
blkdev: /dev/hdc -cd
mount_mol_disk: false
mouse_device: /dev/mouse # /dev/adbmouse
mouse_protocol: usb # usb (ps2), adb, console
mouse_dpi: 140
use_x_cursor: yes
disable_osi_enet: no
enet_interface: tap0 #eth0
#achtung, this is mol-0.49, mol-0.5x needs 'netdev:' look at the archiv
vmode_database: /etc/fb.modes
start_on_console: yes
autoswitch_console: yes
enable_console_video: yes