MOL modular thinking

Subject: MOL modular thinking
From: philippe tapon (ptapon@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Nov 17 2000 - 07:26:52 MST

Could someone advise me on whether what I'm doing is wise? (It's
certainly practical.) After some experimentation I found that placing
these four lines

echo "starting mol's sheep_net module. . . ."
/sbin/insmod /usr/lib/mol/modules/sheep_net.o
echo "starting mol module. . . ."
/sbin/insmod /usr/lib/mol/modules/mol.o

at the end of /etc/rc.d/rc.local starts the part of mol that needs root
authority at the boot. That way any user can run mol after the boot,
even resuming an mol
saved session (though there may be hiccups, like a
file-services-got-interrupted message.)

Is inserting the modules like this a good idea? Or do I risk running
into problems? Apologies if this has been covered in previous posts.

philippe

mol 0.9.53-2

--

# # # #