Re: module.h error? in kernel headers for 2.4-test11

Subject: Re: module.h error? in kernel headers for 2.4-test11
From: David Wagner (wagner@math.uh.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 09:26:58 MST

On Wed, 29 Nov 2000, David Wagner wrote:

> In file included from main.c:20:
> /usr/include/linux/module.h:179: field `list' has incomplete type
>
> It was suggested that linux/list.h is not being included because of an ifdef
> _KERNEL_ statement, but I found no such statement in module.h.

I was wrong about this. The problem is that /usr/include/linux/list.h
has an ifdef _KERNEL_ surrounding the list_head definition. Since
mol is not a linux kernel, _KERNEL_ is not def'd here. I suppose
one coudl def _KERNEL_ in main.c just before line 20 and undef
it afterwards, and then things might work. ???

David Wagner