Re: MOL ate my partition!

Subject: Re: MOL ate my partition!
From: Claus (cl.en@gmx.net)
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 05:13:55 MST

>I first tried to get MOL running in console mode, but the computer would
>always freeze with a white screen after switching consoles, so i decided
>to try for X mode.

version 48/49 works quite well in console mode on a PB3400,
8bpp to be faster.

>effectively dead until I can find my MacOS install CD at home ;(

could you get a hfs floppy with debian's boot-floppies or their vmlinux?
'boot fd:vmlinux root=/dev/hdaX' [ perhaps init=/bin/sh]
it's a vmlinux.coff file if you want to build it for yourself as a
rescue floppy.
I got a working quik-1.3.1.deb if you want, but you have to recompile
your kernel with "CONFIG_BOOTX_TEXT is not set", as you may know.

Do you know any Mac you could plug in your PB via scsi dock mode?
Then the other Mac could run FirstAid.

                Claus