Re: xmms and mol audio

Subject: Re: xmms and mol audio
From: R Shapiro (rshapiro@bbn.com)
Date: Thu Oct 19 2000 - 11:48:53 MDT

Jeremiah Merkl writes:
> actually, I found that (at least under .48) that while MOL and
> linux-sound didn't run at the same time, just disable the sound for MOL.

I was considering taking that approach.

> Linux-side sound will continue to work fine then. Unless you really
> require sound under MOL

"Require" is a strong word. But it's so cool that it works, I'd
really *like* to use it if I can...

Ultimately I want sound in MacOS so I can play audio cds (although so
far I can't get mol to recognize audio cds at all). The reason is
that none of the linux cd-player gui's work on the newer G4s. The
only way to play audio cds on that hardware is by using a very
processor-intensive commandline hack:

  cdparanoia $tracks -Z - | play -t wav -

The MacOS cd-player gui is fine though. So if I can use it, I'd like
to.

--
rshapiro@bbn.com