Re: [Fwd: Downloading new version of MOL]

Subject: Re: [Fwd: Downloading new version of MOL]
From: Albert W D'Amanda (aldamand@home.com)
Date: Sun Oct 22 2000 - 10:08:01 MDT

on 10/20/00 5:52 PM, Fabrice Leclerc at leclerf@club-internet.fr wrote:

>> *******************

OK Fabrice.

I think you solved my main problem of starting the boot process into my Mac
OS8.6 via <startmol>

I followed your advice and went to /etc/molrc and edited the HFS partition
section to enter the specific /dev path to my bootup volume. in my case it
is /dev/sda6 ( my primary hard drive. I have linuxPPC 2000 installed on my
second drive). For now, I also deleted all the other listed /dev paths as
you suggested

I also believe that I have repeated your experience during the OS8.6
bootup process

<starmol> now starts to work; get mac startup "audio" and then OS8.6
screen, then "march of the icons", but before completed , get a screen
freeze and the backround terminal window races with error messages.
--bad file descrition
-unimplemented load instruction 4C000064

Could this be the mac OS8.6 extension conflict you experienced?

thanks for your time

albert