Fixed: point52 not working on Beige G3

Subject: Fixed: point52 not working on Beige G3
From: Adrian Simmons (cerberus@aes.clara.co.uk)
Date: Wed Oct 25 2000 - 12:53:59 MDT

Anne et Bertrand wrote:
> Well I first had the same problem but it was solved by using my old
> nvram file in /usr/lib/mol/nvram. Hope your /usr/lib/nvram/nvram.rpmsave
> is still a good one after two upgrades of mol.
> I attach mine to this mail, in case of....
Hmmm, no I didn't have the old one.

So I moved the current one to nvram.nw.old, placed the one you sent
instead, et voila! Mol works again!

Thankyou. And such a simple fix too.

But, I'm wondering, surely this is just a file with the MacOS settings
in, if I just deleted it would not a new one be created?

Or is the nvram.nw required, and that which is supplied with mol-0.52
simply not compatible with beige G3's? Or OS 8.6 or something?

Thanks for your help.

Adrian