Re: consoles blank since MOL 0.9.52

Subject: Re: consoles blank since MOL 0.9.52
From: Bruce Thompson (Bruce_Thompson@palm.com)
Date: Thu Oct 26 2000 - 08:03:20 MDT

Hi Benjamin,
     I'm running the latest XFree 4.0. I don't believe that it is
configured to blank the screen, but I will investigate further. I'm
pretty sure it is not the Energy Saver control panel under MacOS
doing it since the screen sometimes blanks while I'm typing (it did
just now in fact).

        Cheers,
        Bruce.

> > I thought I'd follow up on this on with what I'm seeing from time
>>to time as well. What happens is mol starts up fine, everything's
>>running great. After a few minutes though (particularly if its just
>>sitting idle) the screen blanks. The only way I can get the screen to
>>come back is to switch back to a text console then back to mol.
>
>What X server are you using ? Some version of XFree forget to disable
>blanking when they are in background.
>
>> FYI, I strongly suspect that the 6 mol processes you are seeing
>>are actually six threads using kernel threads. These show up in the
>>process list as if they were full processes but in reality they're
>>not.

Bruce Thompson		| "Pinkie! Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
Software Engineer	| "I think so Brain, but if they called them Sad
Partner Engineering	|  Meals kids wouldn't buy them!"
Palm, Inc.