Re: consoles blank since MOL 0.9.52

Subject: Re: consoles blank since MOL 0.9.52
From: Adrian Simmons (cerberus@aes.clara.co.uk)
Date: Thu Oct 26 2000 - 13:18:03 MDT

Eduard Hoenkamp wrote:
>In my case I hear the startup boing, but
> the screen *remains* black. So I assume it switches to some unknown
> video setting.
Sounds very similar to the problem I had. Well, identical actually.

It was fixed, as someone else suggested, by replacing the
/usr/lib/mol/nvram/nvram.nw file.

If you have an nvram.nw.rpmsave then try using that, other than that
I've attached mine. (I had to use the one sent to me, it worked
perfectly).

So install Mol 0.52 again and replace that (don't forget to re-do your
/etc/molrc too).

> I first used molvconfig, and let it set the video according to the
> current setting in linux. However, the file /usr/lib/mol/config/vmodes
> it creates does not contain video info, where I would expect an 'fbset'
> like code.
This worked ok for me when probing the current settings - there was a
bug in 0.51 though, so perhaps if you go to 0.52 it will be fine.....

Adrian