Re: consoles blank since MOL 0.9.52

Subject: Re: consoles blank since MOL 0.9.52
From: Philippe Lelédy (pleledy001@cybercable.fr)
Date: Thu Oct 26 2000 - 13:12:25 MDT

Le Thu, 26 Oct 2000, vous avez écrit :

> Eduard Hoenkamp wrote:
> >In my case I hear the startup boing, but
> > the screen *remains* black. So I assume it switches to some unknown
> > video setting.
> Sounds very similar to the problem I had. Well, identical actually.
>
> It was fixed, as someone else suggested, by replacing the
> /usr/lib/mol/nvram/nvram.nw file.
>
> If you have an nvram.nw.rpmsave then try using that, other than that
> I've attached mine. (I had to use the one sent to me, it worked
> perfectly).

For me: same problem, same solution.
As first suggested by Anne et Bertrand (merci pour le conseil) reverting to
old nvram.nw.rpmsave was the solution of my problem with mol starting until a
freeze issuing as last message:

RTAS instantiated

At least 4 people reported the same problem and the same solution, so Samuel
asked every people having this pb to send more information. Here it is

B&W G3, 2.2.17pre20-ben3, MOL 0.9.52

For networking (my cable operator give me only one address via DHCP) I tried
setting both netdev tap0 and eth0 but MacOS sees them and can't use any,
because (so it says) of replicated HW address.
It's no so big a concern, because I suppose I can revert to tap0 only as in
0.9.50.

Salutations.