Re: mol on 2.4.0-test8

Subject: Re: mol on 2.4.0-test8
From: Stefan Berndtsson (stefan@nocrew.org)
Date: Sat Sep 09 2000 - 03:08:12 MDT

Samuel Rydh <samuel@ibrium.se> writes:

> On Fri, Sep 08, 2000 at 07:21:28PM +0200, Stefan Berndtsson wrote:
> > I've tried to get mol to run on 2.4.0-test8 from linuxcare, which has
> > an option for 'MOL support', that is set to 'Y'.
> > /usr/lib/mol/modules/mol.o: unresolved symbol MAP_NR
> >
> > This symbol is found in init.c and MAP_NR doesn't seem to be used
> > on 2.4.0, and I just can't figure out what to change to make it work.
> >
> > I couldn't find anything in the list archives about this.
> >

> I'll try to fix the 2.4 compatibility next week. I think
> something else has broken too with recent versions of the
> 2.4 kernel (I'm running 2.4.0-test5, the 2.4.0-test7 kernel
> currently panics after the MAP_NR problem has been fixed).

I got a small patch from Martin Costabel, which basically changed

&mem_map[MAP_NR(ptr)].flags

..into..

&virt_to_page(ptr)->flags

When applied, the module loads, and mol starts, and after a bit of
messing around, I got the keyboard to run, but I can't get the mouse
to respond in any way.

This is running on a Powerbook, model Lombard 333MHz, and I'm trying
to use X for viewing mol. X uses /dev/adbmouse as Busmouse, which
works fine, but mol using 'adb' and '/dev/adbmouse' gives me nothing
at all.

I also tried the vnc-method, with similar results.

Also, Dungeon Master II crashes with an error of type 2, whatever that is :)

/Stefan