Re: LinuxPPC+MOL versus MacOS X Public Beta

Subject: Re: LinuxPPC+MOL versus MacOS X Public Beta
From: Kevin Holbrook (holbrook@metrowerks.com)
Date: Wed Sep 27 2000 - 14:16:20 MDT

phandel@cise.ufl.edu wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, Philippe Lelédy wrote:
>
> > But you have no compiler. A bypass is possible by copying them from a Darwin
> > partition.
>
> The developer CD is coming soon. I'm not sure on the pricing, but I
> believe I read (MacNN?) that it'll be free.

Actually that is not correct, as I have the Developer Tools CD.
You must be registered in Apple's Developer Program and signed the
necessary NDA's to get the developer tools CD for OS-X.

A note was sent with the OS-X CD's to ADC members saying the
Developer tools CD would not be sold or available to "consumers".

I haven't been able to get the Darwin gcc to build under OS-X yet.

Kevin Holbrook
UNIX Developer
Metrowerks, a Motorola Company