Re: Improved 9.1 support

Subject: Re: Improved 9.1 support
From: Christoph Ewering (eweri@cunde.de)
Date: Tue Apr 03 2001 - 17:32:56 MDT

Hello everybody!

Samuel, you did a great job! I running MacOS 9.1 with benh 2.4.3 kernel
for 1.5h now with no crash or lockups! I´m running it on my TiPB! And
when I close the lid, the system goes to sleep and when I open the lid,
everything is up and running again, even mol with algebra graph showing
some examples. Really great!

Now I have one glitch: if you press the wrong key-combo to switch from
mol to X I´m unable to get back to X any more. I have to shutdown mol
and start it again.
Maybe this makes it a bit understandable:
I use
Apple-CTRL-Fn-F7 to jump from mol to X
Apple-CTRL-Fn-F8 to jump from X to mol (CTRL-APPLE-F8 works also)

Now if I mistakingly typed Apple-CTRL-Fn-F8 instead of ...-F7 within mol
nothing happens, but if I typ Apple-CTRL-Fn-F7 after this mistake, I
only see a MacOS-message complaining about function-keys. At that moment
there´s only one way back to X -- shutdown MacOS.

Is it very difficult to have an option in molrc to disable F12? :-) At
least once a day I want to delete a char and mol makes an images of its
own :-) (maybe I have to thick fingers)

Now I have to figure out how to run mol in 32 bit on the TiPB. It was
possible with the older mol, but it is late here in germany I will try
this tomorrow.

Bye, thanks,
        Christoph