Re: mol 0.9.60 + 2.4.7 kernel + Titanium

Subject: Re: mol 0.9.60 + 2.4.7 kernel + Titanium
From: Derrik Pates (dpates@dsdk12.net)
Date: Wed Aug 01 2001 - 21:08:26 MDT

On Wed, 1 Aug 2001, Samuel Heriard Dubreuil wrote:

> I'm unable to get mol working on my PBG4, macos boots properly but
> immediately after, it hangs with an illegal instruction error or bus
> error. I had the same problem with all the mol versions and kernel
> versions I tried. Additionally with 2.4.7 kernel, mol complains that
> altivec is unavailable although I enabled it in the kernel.

Whose kernel tree are you using? BenH's, Paulus's, or are you using
Linus's stock kernel tree? I have seen a lot of SIGILLs with Paulus's
2.4.x kernels in the past. I highly recommend BenH's kernels instead.
Also, make sure your MoL source tree is rsync'd to the latest version.

Derrik Pates | Sysadmin, Douglas School | #linuxOS on EFnet
dpates@dsdk12.net | District (dsdk12.net) | #linuxOS on OPN