Re: mol 0.9.60 + 2.4.7 kernel + Titanium

Subject: Re: mol 0.9.60 + 2.4.7 kernel + Titanium
From: Samuel Heriard Dubreuil (samuel.heriard.dubreuil@ens.fr)
Date: Thu Aug 02 2001 - 02:04:32 MDT

> > I'm unable to get mol working on my PBG4, macos boots properly but
> > immediately after, it hangs with an illegal instruction error or bus
> > error. I had the same problem with all the mol versions and kernel
> > versions I tried. Additionally with 2.4.7 kernel, mol complains that
> > altivec is unavailable although I enabled it in the kernel.
>
> Whose kernel tree are you using? BenH's, Paulus's, or are you using
> Linus's stock kernel tree? I have seen a lot of SIGILLs with Paulus's
> 2.4.x kernels in the past. I highly recommend BenH's kernels instead.
> Also, make sure your MoL source tree is rsync'd to the latest version.

I'm using linus's kernel, but I had the same problem with the kernels I
tried (binaries from linuxppc), and my mol tree was up to date, (but it's
the same problem with 0.58 binaries from maconlinux except for altivec
unavailability which seems to be a known bug). Maybe it's a problem with
the macos version ?

-- Sam