Re: mol 0.9.60 + 2.4.7 kernel + Titanium

Subject: Re: mol 0.9.60 + 2.4.7 kernel + Titanium
From: Derrik Pates (dpates@dsdk12.net)
Date: Thu Aug 02 2001 - 06:41:52 MDT

Samuel Heriard Dubreuil wrote:

> I'm using linus's kernel, but I had the same problem with the kernels I
> tried (binaries from linuxppc), and my mol tree was up to date, (but it's
> the same problem with 0.58 binaries from maconlinux except for altivec
> unavailability which seems to be a known bug). Maybe it's a problem with
> the macos version ?

Yes, and they were probably using Paulus's kernels as well. I'm running
OS 9.1 in MoL on a G3 blue/white tower at work, so I know it's not an
issue with the MacOS version. Can you rsync the current kernel tree from
penguinppc.org::linux-2.4-benh, build it, boot from it, build the MoL
kernel modules for it, and start MoL on it? Others have made it work,
and OS 9.1 is known to work.

Derrik Pates
dpates@dsdk12.net