Re: Which kernel are people using on the PBG4??

Subject: Re: Which kernel are people using on the PBG4??
From: Gavin Hemphill (hemphill@drea.dnd.ca)
Date: Thu Aug 02 2001 - 06:16:48 MDT

Iain:

I'm using the latest linux-2.4.8-pre3-ben0 rsync on a Yellowdog 2.0 PowerBook 3,2 (Titanium). As far as I can tell, sound is still broken. The modules appear to load - here's a snipit from dmesg

dmasound_pmac: Awacs/Screamer Codec Mfct: 1 Rev 3
PowerMac Screamer DMA sound driver rev 016 installed
Core driver edition 01.06 : PowerMac Built-in Sound driver edition 00.06
Write will use... etc.

Starting KDE results in lots of static, then no sound from anything.

At least with this kernel my Adaptec 2930 SCSI no longer hangs my 733Mhz Tower, though sound (modules won't load) and nvida still aren't working on that machine.
        Gavin Hemphill