Re: mol 0.9.60 + 2.4.7 kernel + Titanium

Subject: Re: mol 0.9.60 + 2.4.7 kernel + Titanium
From: Matt Larson (ml582@columbia.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 02 2001 - 07:00:42 MDT

Derrik Pates wrote:

> Yes, and they were probably using Paulus's kernels as well. I'm running
> OS 9.1 in MoL on a G3 blue/white tower at work, so I know it's not an
> issue with the MacOS version. Can you rsync the current kernel tree from
> penguinppc.org::linux-2.4-benh, build it, boot from it, build the MoL
> kernel modules for it, and start MoL on it? Others have made it work,
> and OS 9.1 is known to work.
>
> Derrik Pates
> dpates@dsdk12.net

What version of MoL are you using to boot OS9.1? I have an iBook2 running
Yellow Dog Linux 2.0 very nicely, using the stock 2.2.19 kernel that came with
it, along with the stock MoL, which is version 0.9.59-1. I have OS9.1
installed on the iBook, and MoL won't boot the MacOS (don't have the iBook
with me or I'd reproduce the error messages--the booting process just stops
with a blank window). I have successfully booted OS9, however, from CD-ROM,
and so I know that my setup can boot the MacOS. But of course I want to use
the OS9.1 installed on my hard drive, along with its applications. After much
rooting around in archives from this list, I saw someone who had the exact same
problem I did--his error messages were the same. The person who responded to
him said that OS9.1 requires MoL 0.60 to boot. Is this known to be true, and
does it require the 2.4 kernel? And if so, does anyone know where I can get
source or binaries for this version (beta, I take it) of MoL? I'm embarassed
to have to ask that, but I simply couldn't find the code on the maconlinux.org
site.

Thanks,
Matt Larson
ml582@columbia.edu