Re: mol 0.9.60 + 2.4.7 kernel + Titanium

Subject: Re: mol 0.9.60 + 2.4.7 kernel + Titanium
From: Derrik Pates (dpates@dsdk12.net)
Date: Thu Aug 02 2001 - 07:15:16 MDT

Matt Larson wrote:

> What version of MoL are you using to boot OS9.1? I have an iBook2 running

I'm using the 0.9.60 tree, which is still in BK/rsync (i.e., not
officially released yet, but available).

> Yellow Dog Linux 2.0 very nicely, using the stock 2.2.19 kernel that came with
> it, along with the stock MoL, which is version 0.9.59-1. I have OS9.1

> installed on the iBook, and MoL won't boot the MacOS (don't have the iBook
> with me or I'd reproduce the error messages--the booting process just stops
> with a blank window). I have successfully booted OS9, however, from CD-ROM,
> and so I know that my setup can boot the MacOS. But of course I want to use
> the OS9.1 installed on my hard drive, along with its applications. After much
> rooting around in archives from this list, I saw someone who had the exact same
> problem I did--his error messages were the same. The person who responded to
> him said that OS9.1 requires MoL 0.60 to boot. Is this known to be true, and
> does it require the 2.4 kernel? And if so, does anyone know where I can get
> source or binaries for this version (beta, I take it) of MoL? I'm embarassed
> to have to ask that, but I simply couldn't find the code on the maconlinux.org
> site.

It's not on the MoL pages at all. You have to install BitKeeper or rsync
(rsync is way simpler) and fetch the current devel tree, then build and
install from it. Try:

      rsync -avzc zorn.theophys.kth.se::mol mol-rsync/

then change into the mol-rsync directory and do 'make libimport ; make ;
make install'. That's all there is to it.

Derrik Pates
dpates@dsdk12.net