Re: mol 0.9.60 + 2.4.7 kernel + Titanium

Subject: Re: mol 0.9.60 + 2.4.7 kernel + Titanium
From: Samuel Heriard Dubreuil (samuel.heriard.dubreuil@ens.fr)
Date: Sat Aug 04 2001 - 05:11:59 MDT

> > > OS 9.1 in MoL on a G3 blue/white tower at work, so I know it's not an
> > > issue with the MacOS version. Can you rsync the current kernel tree from
> > > penguinppc.org::linux-2.4-benh, build it, boot from it, build the MoL
> > > kernel modules for it, and start MoL on it? Others have made it work,
> > > and OS 9.1 is known to work.
> >
> > I've just done this (kernel 2.4.8-pre3-ben0) + rsync version of mol (0.60) and it's the
> > same problem, I got an Illegal instruction and the end of the boot process, any idea ?
> >
> If MacOS crashes during the startup, it is usually due to an incompatible
> extension (usually related to the serial port). Programs
> like FaxSTF could also cause problems.
>
> Does it work to shift-boot?

I tried to press shift during during the boot, but the extensions are
loaded anyway. Is there a specific procedure under mol to shift-boot ?

I also tried to boot from the CDROM, but it's the same problem. The most
frequent error is Illegal instruction, but sometimes also Bus Error ...

BTW, there is also a problem when I don't specify a boot rom : mol seg
fault while reading it from the macos partition.

greetings,

--
Sam