Re: mol 0.9.60 + 2.4.7 kernel + Titanium

Subject: Re: mol 0.9.60 + 2.4.7 kernel + Titanium
From: Samuel Rydh (samuel@ibrium.se)
Date: Sat Aug 04 2001 - 05:28:30 MDT

On Sat, Aug 04, 2001 at 01:11:59PM +0200, Samuel Heriard Dubreuil wrote:
> I tried to press shift during during the boot, but the extensions are
> loaded anyway. Is there a specific procedure under mol to shift-boot ?

Well, if you are running full-screen then you have to switch to
the MOL vt and press the shift rapidly a couple of times before
keeping it down (the console switch confuses modifier keys).

It is probably wise to exercise the same procedure for
X-video video (MOL only sees key-downs - if the shift
key is pressed to early, MOL will miss it).

> I also tried to boot from the CDROM, but it's the same problem. The most
> frequent error is Illegal instruction, but sometimes also Bus Error ...

Are you using the ROM image corresponding to the MacOS version. Not
doing this could result in this kind of errors.

> BTW, there is also a problem when I don't specify a boot rom : mol seg
> fault while reading it from the macos partition.

Please send me the log of this error.

Regards,

 E-mail <samuel@ibrium.se> WWW: <http://www.ibrium.se>
  Phone/fax: (home) +46 8 4418431, (work) +46 8 790nnnn