Re: Some FAQs

Subject: Re: Some FAQs
From: MegaBight (megabight@mac.com)
Date: Thu Dec 06 2001 - 14:51:00 MST

On Wednesday, December 5, 2001, at 06:28 PM, Quentin Mason wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> * Whenever I startmol, I get the startup chime, but I ALWAYS have to
>> go into the sound control panel and reset my sound output to
>> mol-audio. Is there anyway to get it to remember my sound setting?
> No -- try location manager. The chime is independent of sound settings,
> and can be explicitly disabled in /etc/molrc.

The location manager is no help. It doesn't matter what settings I have,
every time I start MOL, the sound setting has reverted back to regular
audio output, and I *always* have to go back in and reset it to MOLAudio.

> In terms of games or DVDs again they need accelerated graphics to
> really look good and that is
> not on the cards right now.

Actually, there are a number of games that don't require accelerated
graphics at all - they just require the CD to be in the drive. Games
like WarCraft and StarCraft run well enough on old 8500 hardware if
there's enough RAM. It'd be nice to run them in MOL as well.

-- megabight@mac.com