Re: mol does not start

Subject: Re: mol does not start
From: Derrik Pates (dpates@andromeda.dsdk12.net)
Date: Wed Feb 07 2001 - 21:22:07 MST

On Wed, 7 Feb 2001, Joe Pellicer wrote:

> hehehe, right, told you I'm new :)
> Anyway, I compiled MoL and it did just fine, however on starting MoL:

> map_zero: mmap: Cannot allocate memory
> Failed to map RAM. Out of memory?

> What is the meaning of this? What should I try to fix it?

Err. You may have to trim back the amount of RAM you're dedicating to
MacOS. Edit your /etc/molrc, and find the 'ram_size:' line. Decrease this
to maybe 20-32, instead of the default 48. The error would seem to mean
that it can't lock enough memory to get the virtual environment started.
Let me know if this takes.

Derrik Pates | Sysadmin, Douglas School| _ #linuxOS on EFnet
dpates@dsdk12.net | District (dsdk12.net) | | | and now OPN too!
   Student @ South Dakota School of Mines | __| |___ _ _ _ ___ _ _ ____
       & Technology (www.sdsmt.edu) |/ _ / -_) ' \ '\/ _ \ ' \ (____)
UNIX: Because you want to USE your computer.|\___,\___|_||_||_\___/_||_|