0.9.55 and keycodes

Subject: 0.9.55 and keycodes
From: Brent Ware (bware@bware.org)
Date: Thu Feb 08 2001 - 16:14:53 MST

Hi:

I'm running mol-0.9.55 on a G4 running 2.2.18 and XFree86 4.0.1. In
all the upgrades from mol-0.9.51 up, most of the extended keys on the
keyboard don't work - I get:

Keycode 92 has no corresponding ADB keycode

when I try to use left arrow, and similar messages for right arrow,
home/end/page up/page down keys, etc.

I've tried many different variations of keyboard_id (I'm using a USB
extended keyboard - not ADB). 2 works except for the problem
mentioned above and the others I've tried either don't work at all or
have the same problem (and 2 worked before whatever change I made that
instigated all this).

Anyone else seen this? Is this some interaction with XFree86 4.0.1 or
2.2.18, which I upgraded to from 2.2.17 at roughly the same time as
this occurred? Is there a keyboard_id which fixes this, or better yet
a list of keyboard_id's for different keyboards? If I were to use
remap_key to work around this, what ADB keycode would I use? Is there
a list of ADB keycodes someplace? I couldn't find one googling
around.

I could, I guess, upgrade to 2.4 and 4.0.2, but that's a bigger
investment of my time than I want to make to fix this problem; mostly
things work now, and that kind of big upgrade seems more trouble than
it's worth until I get a slow week at work.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers,
-bw